Thursday, August 30, 2007

Next stop; city of water and weed

Immediately following the upcoming holiday weekend (Labor day), I pop onto a plane across the pond to one of my favorite European cities… go on then, do you recognize it, from the fan of canals and the rising smell of the leafy green rising off your screen?




That's right boys and girls, it's Amsterdam. A city I love for its mind-numbing maze of streets and canals (which I'm happy to say I know very well), a smattering of excellent restaurants where my face is still known (and occasionally still let in the front door), and the red light district (of which I have no knowledge what-so-ever. Nope, none), and their distinct rigidity in following the rules ("no sir, you can NOT have syrup and powdered sugar with your pancakes… it's one or the other, NOT BOTH!")

I can't wait!

0 comments: