Friday, August 31, 2007

Mad for Madrid

T–4 days before I leave for Amsterdam, and another week after that before Madrid. I can't bloody wait.

This trip to Madrid will be an new experience for me, where I pretend to be 19 again and imagine myself backpacking through Europe. With a Tumi and a MacBook Pro… right, whatever. OK so perhaps not real backpacking but I will be staying in a hostel. And it's only partially because I'm a cheap bastard; the real reason (or justifiable one) is that I want to meet interesting people, hang out with new friends, visit some unexpected places, and in general just do something out of the ordinary. Sounds like a riot.

An utterly delicious friend of mine who will go by W on here (because it's her first initial and much easier for me to remember while blogging drunk than applying some pseudonym like Jane or Maria or Aphrodite) told me about a hostel in Madrid called the Mad Hostel. She had a blast, and frankly creo que es una beuna idea quedar en un lugar coma esto. Pues… voy.



View Larger Map

Who the hell knows what I'll find. Maybe I'll make friends. Maybe I'll fall in love. Maybe I'll get my luggage stolen.

Party on, Wayne.

0 comments: