Friday, June 13, 2008

Twitter compilation… arriving in Mumbai

Yes yes I'm very behind on blogs. It seems that the only time I have to sort photos and write posts, I find myself wanting to either eat, drink, or sleep. Bizarre, that.

So because I know not everyone subscribes to my twitter feed or logs in daily to catch up (aw, really?!) I'm posting my "just arrived in Mumbai" experience that I twittered from the airport to the hotel. There are more twitters from Mumbai than just these, but I rather feel like sharing the "arrival" experience.

Same with Bangkok; see next post.

So here's the compilation… arriving in Mumbai:

Hot. Humid. And very very wet. Welcome to Mumbai!

Mumbai airport smells of a wet farm. Took a while to identify, seems so out of place.

Just saw a man in a loincloth bathing under a garden hose -- and haven't even left the airport yet

Pouring rain here. Headline of today's The Economic Times reads BEARS DO A RAIN DANCE. Gee thanks.

Ah, the child beggars. One of the saddest things you'll see here, and one I'd blocked from memory. Shit.

So, so much trash on the ground. Desperate looking shops line the road. I don't recall it looking this bad.

Brilliantly colored vegetable stall a stark contrast against the dark, wet, and grey.

School letting out. A chaos of brightly colored sari's as moms collect their kids. Beautiful.

Black and yellow auto rickshaws like bumblebees in a hive. Or, bumper cars at an amusement park.

Dogs, crows and people digging through the trash side-by-side

Arriving at the hotel. Oppulance across from abject poverty.

0 comments: